FortisBC Furnace Replacement Rebate Program
At Mavco, we have your best interests in mind. Before chilly autumn nights set in, you need to make an appointment for your home heating system’s annual check-up. Without an annual cleaning & inspection, a system can wear itself out quickly, pump carbon monoxide into your home, or simply stop working.
Replace your old natural gas furnace with an eligible ENERGY STAR® model and you could qualify for a rebate of up to $1,000. Plus, if you install an eligible connected thermostat, you could qualify for an additional $150 rebate.
- You must be a residential FortisBC natural gas customer, with natural gas as your primary source of heat.
- Your existing furnace must be at least 10 years old and must not require repairs in excess of $1,000 (pre-tax, including parts and labour). Emergency replacements of a furnace that is not in working order or is deemed unsafe to operate by a licensed gas contractor is not eligible.
- You must install an eligible ENERGY STAR furnace with a two-pipe direct vent system. Please verify this by including a photograph with your application.
- Applications must be submitted within six months of the invoice date.
- Connected thermostats must be installed by your licensed contractor at the same time as the new qualifying furnace installation.
View full rebate details and eligibility at fortisbc.com/furnacehttps://www.cdn.fortisbc.com/libraries/docs/default-source/rebates
How To Apply
View full rebate details and eligibility at fortisbc.com/furnace
Heat Pump Water Heaters
Replace your old hot water tank with an eligible ENERGY STAR® model and you could qualify for a rebate of up to $1,000.
Buy ENERGY STAR® to save you money!
An ENERGY STAR certified heat pump water heater uses up to 50% less energy, on average than a standard electric water heater. Saving energy saves money and reduces your carbon footprint.
- Heat pump water heater (HPWH) technology does not generate heat directly. It moves heat from one place to another. Heat is taken from the air in the basement or utility room (or sometimes from outside) and transferred to a tank of water.
- Some HPWHs can be added to a conventional electric storage tank water heater.
Start your research using the ENERGY STAR Product Finder tool to find and compare certified heat pump water heaters. (NOTE: you will be redirected to the US ENERGY STAR website. Make sure to click “Heat Pump” under “Type” when searching.)
- Avoid placing HPWHs in conditioned space (i.e. the climate-controlled part of your home) if possible. If you must place the unit in conditioned space, do not install it near a thermostat or living spaces sensitive to colder temperatures.
- Learn more in our booklet Water Heater Guide.
The ENERGY STAR Promise
All ENERGY STAR certified products are tested to strict efficiency standards and are certified by an independent third party. They perform the same as or better than standard products without compromising performance in any way. The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are trademarks registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency and are administered and promoted by Natural Resources Canada.
Ask us if your heat pump water heater qualifies for a $1000 rebate!
Mavco | Division of CustomAir
2060 Government St.
Penticton, BC V2A 4W3